When Nvidia released its Ampere Lite Hash Amount (LHR) graphics card with the feared Ethereum anti-mining limiter, the planet realized it was only a matter of time ahead of somebody or a group cracked it. NiceHash, the business that created the QuickMiner application and Excavator miner, has at last damaged Nvidia’s algorithm, restoring LHR graphics cards to their 100% Ethereum mining overall performance.

Due to the fact LHR’s introduction a yr back, many have tried using to circumvent the anti-mining limiter. Mining software package like NBMiner managed to recuperate up to 70% effectiveness on LHR graphics cards. Meanwhile, other systems like T-Rex ended up far more creative and enabled simultaneous mining of two unique cryptocurrencies to put the remaining 30% to good use. Preying on miners’ hopes, some shady crew launched a supposed LHR Mining Unlocker, which turned out to be malware. Having said that, the newest QuickMiner launch candidate from NiceHash is the real deal, and we have tested it.

QuickMiner only supports the DaggerHashimoto (Ethash) algorithm in its existing state. The computer software will work fantastic on Home windows, but Linux miners will have to wait until NiceHash allows support for the latter. The developer said QuickMiner can unlock almost every single Ampere-run graphics card, the important exceptions becoming the GeForce RTX 3050 and GeForce RTX 3080 12GB, which reportedly use a more recent LHR algorithm (LHRv3). We verified this on the MSI GeForce RTX 3080 12GB Suprim X, which nonetheless plugs together at around 65 MH/s.

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FE (Picture credit: Tom’s Hardware)

On the other hand, our GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Founders Version swiftly broke the 100 MH/s barrier with QuickMiner’s LHR unlock. When the limiter earlier bound the Ampere-powered graphics card, we could only get 77 MH/s out of it. By NiceHash’s estimate, a GeForce RTX 3080 Ti LHR ought to get all-around 120 MH/s on the other hand, that is at really aggressive overclocks. Our sample is a Founders Edition, and we weren’t comfy pushing the GDDR6X memory to 110 degrees Celsius. In its place, we opted for the “Medium” optimization in QuickMiner, which sent continual hash fees of around 108–110 MH/s — nevertheless at 108 levels Celsius on the GDDR6X, by the way.